Tucked away from the chaos of popular cities and similar tourist clichés, North East India is a wonderful destination. Like Leh, Ladakh, and Shimla in the North of India, it is gradually gaining popularity. It comprises the seven sisters of Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Tripura, and Assam. Its rich flora and fauna, unique cultures, traditions, and scenic places attract tourists from all over. The lush forests, the mighty Himalayas, the fresh and cool breeze, and the rushing rivers make it an alluring place. You can visit it for its mouth-watering cuisine and one-of-its-kind tribes. Since North East is relatively less explored you can love its serenity and pristine beauty. You can even indulge in thrilling adventures and exciting activities.
You can choose from the affordable and wonderful North East India tour packages for your next vacation. However, you shouldn’t forget to include North Sikkim tour packages in your North East itinerary. North east states of India has a beautiful set of States to tour.
Here is why you should visit Sikkim:
- You can visit Sikkim during the summer to beat the scorching heat and pollution of the cities. March to June is the peak season. The temperature rarely crosses 28˚C. Come here for the spectacular mountain views, pleasant breeze, and tranquil environment. You can behold the jade blue emerald lakes, alpine meadows, and lush green forest cover. The summertime is also suitable for popular tourist activities like river rafting, mountaineering, kayaking, hang gliding, canoeing, and mountain biking. You can take a yak safari to reach the high-altitude Changu Lake. Moreover, you can feast on the bright blooms of orchids and rhododendrons. You can trek the Rhododendron Valley. Again, you can watch vibrant and grand fairs and festivals.
- During the winter you can also visit Sikkim. From November to March, you can relish the snow-draped mountains and surroundings. You can even enjoy the frequent snowfall. Moreover, you can cherish the frozen lakes and the grey forests. You can be a part of delightful festivals and events such as Losar, Mangan Music Festival, Gutar Cham, Lossang, and Maghey Sankranti. In the monasteries, the monks perform the Cham dance wearing colorful masks. You can buy traditional and local homemade wares and products from the community stalls.
- You can travel to Sikkim for its array of beautiful monasteries. Note how they uphold their grand legacy. With their fine architecture, picturesque settings, and ancient existence, they will entice you. Time-tested and strengthened by weather conditions they still stand upright. You can perceive the famous majestic and elegant Buddhist gompas. You can drop by the gorgeous Phodong Monastery, Ralang Monastery, Dubdi Monastery, Enchey Monastery, and Pemayangste Monastery. Admire their peaceful environment, the echoing of holy chants and ringing of bells.
- If you are a foodie, you will fall in love with the lip-smacking Sikkimese food. Influenced by Nepalese, Tibetan, and Sikkim cultures, the Sikkimese food is a unique combination. You can relish the blast of flavors for a long time. Made of white flour and water, momos are a popular dish. The steamed buns with tofu, cheese, or meat as filling, tingle the taste buds. Thukpa or noodle soup is equally delicious. You’ll get both veg and non-veg options to try. Other popular dishes include the plain and simple Dal Bhaat, Phagshapa, Dhindo, Sha Phaley, Gundruk or the staple Nepalese food made with leafy veggies, Sinki soup made of radish tap roots, and Kinema.
- Any nature lover or an exhausted soul will appreciate the striking landscape of Sikkim. The contrasts in different seasons appear mesmerizing. You can get amazing vistas of Mount Kangchendzonga, the 3rd highest mountain in the world. Taste a slice of heaven in Chopta Valley, Lachen, Yumthang, Gurudongmar Lake, Chungthang, and Yumesamdong. Flanked by towering mountain peaks, these vibrant valleys look majestic.
- If you are an adventure enthusiast, you can visit Sikkim for its extensive range of adventure sports. You can boost your strength by mountain biking, trekking, rock climbing, cycling, and hiking. Again, you can take jeep safaris through the rugged mountain terrains. On the Teesta River, you can perform river rafting. The white-water rafting is extremely popular among adventure lovers. You can even attempt hand gliding, bungee jumping, and paragliding. The diversity of adventures will surely make your holiday enjoyable and memorable.
- Sikkim is considered ideal for spirituality. You can meditate in silence. In its disciplined, tidy, and quiet ambiance, you can receive healthy spiritual vibes.
- You can admire the enormous variety of flora and fauna. For witnessing the varied species of birds and animals, you can visit the wildlife sanctuaries and national parks. You can encounter red foxes, musk deer, blue sheep, flying squirrels, red pandas, golden jackals, civets, and bharal. Meet the Burmese python, Sikkim’s largest reptile. You can visit the Pangolaka Wildlife Sanctuary and Kangchendzonga National Park. Sikkim’s bio-diverse landscape also shelters endangered and rare species of birds and animals.
- You can come to Sikkim for its cleanliness. It is one of the cleanest places in India. The locals are extremely sensitive to hygiene. You cannot see the use of plastic bags here unlike in most cities. Moreover, you can hardly see dirt and littering or garbage anywhere. It appears like a post-card setting or a foreign location. The unspoiled nature is a great attraction.
- The weather in Sikkim is tourist friendly. It generally has pleasant weather throughout the year. In summer it does not exceed 28˚C. You can even see snowfall every year during December and February. It never freezes at 0˚C. You can come here to destress and escape the extreme conditions of the cities.
Thus, you can visit North East and Sikkim for gaining insight into a colorful state. You can explore new places, discover joy, learn to be amicable, and respect nature and people. Check out the available packages, and book in time. You can avail of lucrative discounts and offers. Moreover, in a flexible program, you can accommodate your time and budget constraints. You can go with your friends, partner or family. Additional services can help you make a wonderful trip to the North East of India.